Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Analects 4 to 6

Analects 4 to 6

I am surprised by the Fact that in chapter 5.9, he mentions someone called Hui which is better than him. If he was better than him, why aren’t we reading Hui’s texts instead of Confucius? I wonder what amount of knowledge and followers do you require to be remembered in history because I think that back then; it was easier than now a days. The guy that invented human clonation isn’t being honoured as he should. Honestly, clonation is far more important than the creation of manners in my opinion. Maybe I’m discarding the fact that these people weren’t as great in the time of their lives as they are remembered these days. Maybe I could be remembered as a hero in the future but I wont be as great in my life. I’m sure this was Jesus’ case and he gained more followers after his death. I hope this is the case because nowadays what we need is heroes, prophets, and people that change our lives for better. If they will appear in a not so distant future, it’ll be great but if not, our civilization will start to decay.

No comments: