Sunday, November 18, 2007

Analects 7 8 11

I discovered that one of the secrets of the great philosophers of all times is that they are able to remain calm in all the situations. Confucius manages to remain serene and that, we all know, allows us to take the best descisions. I beleive that what happens around you doesnt have to affect you and therefore, you could remain calm while chaos surrounds you.

I also beleive that music is very important for anyone with such qualities because music allows you to express feelings and let go of emotions that are held up deep inside you. Music is essential and i beleive it could also be used in meditation. I think that Confucius is very similar to Budda in many ways. Both of them didnt have the necessity to bring a God or a superior self onto their teachings. Both, from what I know, beleived on reaching a higher self which Budda calls Nirvana. They beleived strongly on meditation, or rituals in Confucius case and they remained calmed in all of the situations.

One thing I admire about Confuicius is that he accepts other teachers and acknowledges their ideas because after all, in book 7 he stated that he isnt inventing, he is repassing or recreating what others have said. I think this makes you smarter, if you gather many ideas, you end up with your own which make sense, I dont beleive there's been one prophet or philosopher that hasnt been influenced by other's thoughts.

No comments: