Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Njal's Saga 132 - 173

This talks about Njial's sons and their trips and their relations with others. I read that these two brothers had no competition after Gunnar died and this made me think about something. It relates with time. You know how when you are upset or mad at some people that you expect others to wait on you to solve the problem or to feel better before they continue with their lives? (at least this have happened to me as for when I get into a fight with my parents etc.) Not so long ago I finally realizided that as much as you want that to happen, life goes on and it wont wait for you to feel better.

It may appear stupid for some but I know of many people who end up in the same situation whether they accept it or not. You cannot really wait on your parents for instance to say they are sorry if it was your fault. Thats why I learned that you have to move on with things and be the person with the inniciative. The outcome is not really important but the time you waste by being on hold really matters. Why should you be "suffering" for a problem while you can simply accept the fact that you have to move on? Life is great and is for everyone to enjoy, you decide whether you want to or not and nothing is there to keep you from doing it.

Something I want to add off-topic from what I was talking about is that I got really confused with the matters of the two Hoskulds. One Hoskuld appeared all of a sudden while the other was killed or something like that. I didnt really understand that and thats because everyone has the same names because its a Saga based on real facts (thats what I understood) and its common for people to have the same names around family trees.

No comments: