Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tao Te Ching 13-28

Alter I read these chapters I have to say that I feel much more intrigued towards this ideas. One thing that I admire is that there is no God, which means those who follow these ideas can fill it out, or that they simply believe that there is the only the way (Tao) and a source, The Source.

Clearly, they all believe in evolution and in life after death and I think it’s great. For many of us, death is one of our greatest fears simply because we don’t know what is expecting us or even if there is something expecting us but to them, they don’t have to worry about it since they know that they can’t do anything to change their future and that they’re lives will continue for eternity.

In chapter 23, it says that rains don’t last forever and winds don’t last all morning. If heaven and earth cant make things last forever, how could it be possible for men. I found this very wise and relates to the afterlife, or to our perspective of it. I keep seeing that being able to yield is mentioned often in this chapter and it relates to Wu-Wei because sometimes, to win you have to yield which means that they believe that a balance in our spiritual lives is very important.

No comments: