Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tao Te Ching 1-12

I think that the first part of this book is based on the idea of being selfless and only doing what you have to do. I understood this as going with the flow in other words.

Better stop short than fill to the brim” chapter 9

This phrase caught my attention because its similar to a typical phrase in our community. What I understand from it is that its better to do what you have to do, or try to do what you have to do, than to do more since it will result negatively and will probably affect others or even yourself.

I believe that these teachings come with the idea that life is set up to you and that you have a predestinated destiny, which I found ridiculous, yet all these principles are full of wisdom and should be taken into acquaintance.

I believe that the Tao Te Ching and Confucius are strongly related although they refer to different aspects of life. I don’t know yet but I have a feeling that this book is going to be much more spiritual than any of the ones we’ve read before and that’s great because I consider myself as a person of a open mind, waiting to learn knew ideas and perspectives.

No comments: