Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Exodus Last part

Exodus 12-40

Exodus has been the most boring literature piece I’ve ever read. Honestly and with no means to offend, the bible has been really boring to me because of it’s writing style. The bible doesn’t have a regular pattern of speech and therefore doesn’t make as much sense. It is a translation of what I would say would be notes gathered up together that lead to this story. In my opinion, someone should’ve already created a novel with the facts mentioned in the bible and I believe that would attract more people into knowing more about this religion.

This part of Exodus talks about the Hebrews, free from the Egyptians and starting all over again. I saw clearly that Hebrews didn’t want to follow God and they demanded him for prove of his existence and power. He didn’t take this necessarily wrong but wasn’t to glad about it either. I was wondering while I read, that what would be things that God expected in exchange of his favors. That didn’t occur to me until I realized that God wasn’t as pure and perfect as I thought he was.

I saw that the way he wanted to be paid off was by following the set of rules and specifications he asked for in the dessert. I don’t know how did they manage to remember all that information. I saw that some rules were similar to those imposed by Hammurabi later on. For example the first one, that mentioned something about stealing and to pay it off, you had to pay four times the stolen value. This is very harsh and it relates to that of Hammurabi in that manner.

No comments: