Sunday, September 16, 2007

Myths 6th entry


Apollo and Hyacinthus

In this story Hyacinthus dies and Apollo honors him with flowers. I think that his death was meant to be, it was destiny. I say this because not even Apollo, with his medical abilities was able to save him from death. No one can escape from death but I’m sure that we can delay it.

Cadmus

This is the story of the creator of Thebes. In his quest to find his lost sister, he went to the oracle and was told to build a city and name it Thebes. While exploring the territory, he found a cave with a serpent and killed it. The serpent turned out to be sacred to Mars and all his family received a curse. This snake reminds me to a movie I saw, which name I cant recall but was about a hero that killed a giant serpent and although he became wealthy and famous, he ended up suffering a lifetime curse.


Clytie

In this story, a nymph becomes a flower while waiting for the love of Apollo. This story shows that you have to act if you want something. If I want to win a tennis tournament, I have to practice and do my best but if I lay on the floor being sad about not being able to play tennis well, I will never achieve anything. If you want something in life, you have to make it a goal and then reach it. As one of the greatest thinkers once said, “If you don’t try, you don’t do”.

No comments: